Did you know there are over 40 muscles in your face? Like a bicep working these out might be the key to changing your face shape.
Facial massages generally can’t restructure your face, but they can make your face appear slimmer by massaging facial muscles daily.
In this article, we will be covering:
- Can a person achieve a thinner Face through Massage?
- Face massage techniques that will change your face?
- Types of face massage.
Let’s get into it.
Can a Person Achieve a Thinner Face Through Massage?
Yes, but only temporarily. A facial massage will only detoxify your skin through lymphatic drainage, giving an appearance of a thinner face. It will improve your blood circulation, providing you with that “glowing” effect for the time being.
When it comes to muscle manipulation, you need to repeat the process daily to keep up with the result.
Face Massage Techniques That Will Change Your Face
Here are a few techniques you can use to help your face change:
Macro Beauty Massage
This massage is a unique Do-it-yourself technique introduced by Dr. Jeanette Graf.
This massage promotes skin health, reduces stiffness and muscle tension, improves lymphatic circulation, adds a glow to the skin, decreases the appearance of puffiness, and relaxes tense contracted facial muscles.
You can watch an example here.
Recommended by renowned aestheticians Georgia Louise and Cecilia Wong.
This technique claims to be the ultimate guide for Sculpted Cheekbones, lifting from manual manipulation of the skin and decreased inflammation; brightening from increased circulation and oxygen; and de-puffing, from removing toxins and excess fluid via lymphatic drainage.
You’re left with a more radiant complexion.
Who wouldn’t want that?
Keep in mind that this massage is more beneficial with an ice roller or gua sha.
A technique created by the FACEGYM, this is a speedy two-minute massage for those on the go meaning you can very much incorporate it into your routine.
This involves the ‘Whip, Knuckle and Contour’ facial exercise moves where you massage your products into the skin rather than slapping them on, giving you improved skin tone and texture.
Do remember to see a professional if you’re dealing with a medical concern such as acne, TMJ (temporomandibular joint), or scar reduction. They will tailor the facial massage according to your requirements. All the techniques mentioned have a detailed video here:
What Happens if You Massage Your Face Daily?
If you massage your face daily, your face will drain toxins, causing your skin to radiate and appear healthier. Blood will circulate better, and because of this, your face will appear different.
There are particular techniques to do the facial massage in the right way.
It involves gentle pressure using your fingers, and don’t forget to use products.
The experts suggest a proper procedure to do a facial massage. With the help of an expert guide, you can do the massage in the comfort of your home.
- The first step is to prepare your face for the massage. Wash the face with lukewarm water and dry it with a soft towel. Apply top-quality moisturizer and face oil and massage your face. If your skin is hard and dry, try to take the steam. It will help in softening your skin and also open pores.
- After preparing your skin, start massaging your forehead. Move your pressure fingers from the middle of your eyebrows and take them to the hairline. Keep doing it several times till you start to feel relaxed.
- With the help of your ring finger, massage the area around your eyes. Move the fingers in a circular motion or if you have the face massaging rollers you can use them too.
- Using the tip of your fingers massage the area starting from the nose to the cheeks and all the way to the ears. Keep on doing so at least 7-10 times.
- Then use your index finger and the middle finger to move around the mouth. Place the fingers in a way that the index finger moves above the upper lips and the middle finger moves below the lower lip. From your lips to the ears keep moving your fingers making the “V” so that the muscles of your mouth get in shape.
- With the help of your palm pressure move your hand from chin to hairline. Keep doing it several times to give the lower part of your face a clean and nice shape.
- Once you’re done with your face move towards your neck. While using your fingers massage the muscles of your neck starting from the collarbone and straight up to the chin.
All these steps for facial massage will also help you in the anti-aging process.
Essentials for Facial Massage
There are various facial massage products and tools that you will see in almost every market. You only need to know what will suit best for your facial skin. It is essential to research before you buy facial massage essentials. Here is a list of products you can buy.
- Facial rollers
They come in different sizes, and you can buy the one that will help you give a complete facial massage. Here are three other options that you can choose from:
- Derma Rollers
- Jade rollers
- Gua Sha Massaging rollers
The best moisturizers that will help are:
- Olay Regenerist Collagen Peptide24 Moisturizer
- Garnier Skin Active Water Rose 24H Moisture Cream
- Function of Beauty Custom Facial Moisturizer
- E.L.F. Holy Hydration! Face Cream Fragrance-Free
- Glow Recipe Plum Plump Refillable Moisturizer
You can use several face products and massaging tools for optimal results. I, for one, give myself facial massages (using my fingertips) when my skin needs a little “pick me up.” Before I go to bed, it results in me waking up with healthy glowing skin.
Now its time to hear from you:
Do you think face massages help in shaping facial features?
Have you had a face massage before?
Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.